Power Facility Control System
Three EMO 20-645-E4 housed generator sets were originally controlled by Woodward 2301A Load Sharing and Speed Controls, SPMA synchronizers, Generator Loading Controls, and Motor Operated Potentiometers. Generator voltage control was provided by Basler SR8A Automatic Voltage Regulators supported by a Basler Power Factor Controller, Excitation Limiter and underfrequency module. Due to the vintage of the old control system it was very difficult to finish expertise and support this legacy equipment. Modern equipment support is readily available from GCS.
- Power Generation
- Three (3) EMO 20-645-E4 housed generator sets
- Woodward 2301 D-EC Load Sharing & Speed Controls Used in electric generator systems, the 2301 D-ED allows easy software changes for engine speed range, gear teeth, and forward or reverse acting. The 2301 D-EC can operate in speed control, isochronous load sharing, droop base load and isochronous base load modes.
- Woodward DSLC-2 Digital Synchronizer and Load Controls Designed for use on three-phase AC generators, the DSLC-2 combines synchronizer, load sensor, dead bus closing system, VAR, power factor and process control.
- Woodward MSLC-2 Master Synchronizer and Load Controls The Woodward DSLC-2 Digital Synchronizer and Load Control is a microprocessor-based synchronizer and load control designed for use on three-phase AC generators. DSLC-2/MSLC-2 combination provides multiple unit, segment, utility, and inter-tie breaker control for complex power systems.
- Basler DECS-250 Digital Excitation Systems The DECS-250 is a total digital excitation control system providing precise voltage, var and power factor regulation, and exceptional system response, plus generator and motor protection.
- GCS HMI Remote Monitoring System 17" Color Touchscreen Operator Panel to display relevant information available from the Woodward easYgen Generator Control Unit.
The performance and reliability of the existing system was poor
The SPMAs and GLCs in each unit have been replaced by Woodward DSLC-2 Digital Synchronizer and Load Controls. The DSLC-2 will perform all synchronization and load sharing control by biasing the 2301 D as well as power factor and voltage matching control by biasing the new DECS-250 AVR.
The SR8A AVRs, Power Factor Controllers, EL-200 Excitation Limiters and underfrequency module have been removed. Basler DECS-250 Digital Excitation Systems have been installed to perform all functions previously performed by the removed components.
All Motor Operated Potentiometers have been removed from the system as the new controls permit direct discrete input for speed/load and voltage control capabilities.
Woodward MSLC-2 Master Synchronizer and Load Controls have been installed for each utility cabinet to bias the generator bus as a whole to match the utility bus when returning from a black start condition.
17" Color Touchscreen Operator Panel provides valuable information for monitoring and troubleshooting the functions of the control system.
The system was designed to operate in Black Start and Utility Baseload (Curtailment) modes.
The MSHS Group excercises Copyright over all literature created by the MSHS Group. Reproduction and/or use of the MSHS Group content, images and design is prohibited without written permission from the MSHS Group.