Catalyst Replacement Elements
DCL's Metalcor? catalyst elements are a perfect fit for both DCL housings and competitor's housings. Available in many shapes and sizes, most Metalcor? replacement elements are on hand for immediate shipment.
- Metalcor? Thin walled metal cell structure available in a variety of cell densities for optimum emission performance and pressure drop.
- Variety of substrate shapes available: round, rectangular, octagonal, and race-tracked.
- Premium grade metallic substrate structure capable of high temperature operation.
- Solid brazed substrates available for heavy-duty applications with high thermal and mechanical stress.
- Lifting lugs for easy mounting and installation
- Catalytic coatings optimized for applications lean-burn oxidation, diesel oxidation, volatile organic compound (VOC) destruction, and three-way catalysts (NSCR - non-selective catalytic reduction).
GCS offers catalyst replacement and chemical washing for all makes and models of catalysts and substrates. Maintenance service must be performed at regular intervals to keep your catalyst elements in compliance with emissions regulations.
Catalyst WashingCatalyst washing is the chemical process for removing accumulated ash from the surface of the catalyst. This process significantly extends service life. Typically chemical wash is performed when CO (carbon monoxide) reduction efficiency is reduced from 80% to 65%. Generally, 2 stroke engines require more frequent washing than 4 stroke. High speed 4 stroke engines should be clean no more than twice; 2 stroke or slow speed, clean maximum four (4) times. If a catalyst has been previously cleaned, it will not return to its full capabilities. As a rule, catalysts should only be cleaned three (3) times before needing to be replaced; each cleaning removes some of the precious materials required for the catalytic process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your catalyst element cleaning.