Regular maintenance is critical to avoid excessive repair costs and potential catastrophic failure. GCS offers routine maintenance to keep your equipment operating at peak performance, minimizing downtime. GCS Woodward factory certified and skilled technicians have years of experience repairing Woodward governors. GCS factory-authorized workshops with state-of-the-art Woodward test equipment ensure your Woodward Governors are maintained to meet your toughest demands.
Woodward Governor / Actuator Recommended Maintenance Schedule
- Change governor/actuator oil between 3,000 and 5,000 running hours
- Ensure the use of proper oil
- Perform overhaul and calibration between 20,000 and 25,000 running hours
- Repair of auxiliary equipment is also recommended
Catastrophic failure may result if your governors are pushed past recommended limits of maintenance, i.e. seizure of oil pump, bearing failures, etc. If your prime mover is critical to your operations, a recommended preventive maintenance schedule should be followed. Repair costs can be excessive when units are operated beyond the hours of recommended maintenance.
Control System Health Check
Governor Control Systems, LLC. (GCS) is authorized by Woodward to perform warranty evaluations, training, repair, and field service work for Woodward products worldwide. GCS Service Engineers perform Control System Health Checks to identify potential problems BEFORE they cause you and your plant costly downtime.
What problems exist? How can you resolve them? Can improvements be made? GCS' on-site engineers will listen to your needs and make recommendations for your specific control system.
Our thorough inspection report contains details about governor and auxiliary equipment usage, settings, and linkage. We will work with your team to create a plan to tackle potential problems so you can make informed decisions about your plant's governor and control system. And GCS governor experts will recommend options and support your needs to ensure your system keeps running at optimum performance.
Here's what you can expect from the GCS service engineer during your Control System Health Check Inspection:
- Inspection of all governor internal components and oil condition, fuel pump linkages, and pins
- Tune governor dynamics for optimum performance
- Educate personnel on correct installation and setup of governor system
- Document governor running hours, if available
- Document part numbers and serial numbers of all governor, auxiliary and control system equipment
- Complete control and monitoring system troubleshooting
- Identify and troubleshoot immediate concerns or performance issues
- Specify recommended spare parts
- Identify discontinued equipment and propose replacements
- Address any immediate control system concerns or needs
- Detailed report for immediate or future recommended services
- Suggested product training on Woodward governors and controls