Woodward Protection Relays
Woodward offers unsurpassed control and protection system solutions for every type of power generation and distribution application, from the simplest to the most complex
HighPROTEC Protection Relays
HighPROTEC was designed for complete protection of power generating and distribution systems. Woodward HighPROTEC relays are furnished with a high-contrast graphic display. Ongoing measuring values, messages, alarms, and fault data are displayed in clear text. Guiding text assists the operator when setting parameters. The nominal voltage of the voltage inputs and the switching thresholds of the digital inputs can be adjusted via software. The wide-range power supply unit covers all standard auxiliary voltages, both for DC and AC.
HighPROTEC-2 Protection Relays
HighPROTEC-2 flexible, medium-voltage protection relays are designed for generators and power distribution applications. The relays monitor the electrical condition of equipment and disconnect its power source if a problem or potential problem is detected.
New features added with Release 3.6
• VDE-AR-N 4110
• VDE-AR-N 4120
• G59-3-3 / Frequency and ROCOF: increased precision and measurement options
• Wattmetric Ground Fault Protection
• Improved stabilization for CT saturation (ANSI 87)
• IEC 60870-5-104
• Smart view: trip direction visualization
• IT security (extended security features)
• Usability improvements
The HighPROTEC series is compliant with the VDE AR-4110 and VDE AR-4120.
• For MCA4, MRA4, MRU4 and MCDGV4, a VDE-AR-N 4110 component certificate will be available soon.
• For MCA4, a VDE-AR-N 4120 component certificate will be available soon.
Compliance with G59-3-3: Frequency measurement and ROCOF (df/dt) measurement is now user-adjustable.
The ROCOF precision of 0.025 Hz/s is now achieved. Furthermore, measurement precision has been improved.
Wattmetric ground Fault Protection is now available for sensitive ground fault detection in compensated (cos) or isolated (sin) grids. Selectable operating behavior between supervision and trip for the ground overcurrent and voltage supervision functions.
Improved stabilization for CT saturation (ANSI 87)
IEC 60870-5-104 communication protocol is available for all relays with Ethernet interface.
SCADApter is a great new tool enabling a reorganization of the communication registers for Modbus or IEC 60870-5-104.
This is beneficial for Retrofit projects. Registers can be adapted to your needs. That means you can replace an old relay without the need to adapt the SCADA system or without the need to buy a converter box. Smart view can visualize the trip direction settings for phase and ground faults. With just one button, you can launch a graphical display of the trip direction.
• Encryption of the TCP/IP connection between PC (Smart view) and protection relay.
• Device-specific communication certificates for each protection relay to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
• Time penalties for multiple input of faulty passwords
• Specific passwords for remote access
• Passwords persistent (will survive Firmware upgrades)
• Syslog: IT security relevant messages can be directly sent to a central server that collects and monitors these events.
• LED acknowledgement: It is now possible to immediately acknowledge (reset) latched LEDs by pressing the »C« key for about 1 second without entering a password.
• Latched output relays: A latched relay gets acknowledged (reset) automatically if its intended behavior is reprogrammed from “latched” to “unlatched” (no more need of additional manual acknowledgement).
• New and improved design for Technical Documentation / User Manuals: The documentation has been redesigned in a more compact form. You can spot topics easily and browse quickly through all documents due to hyperlinks and an Index chapter.
New Device Variants: (available when UL/CSA listing is completed):
• New MRA4 and MCA4 Variants with more Digital Inputs and Outputs (E-Type)
• New MRA4 and MCA4 Variants with Analog In- and Outputs (F-Type).